- Minimal Upfront Expense-There is no need for you to pay for complete construction drawings to determine what your “uniquely designed” custom home is going to cost.
- Singular Responsibility-With both design and construction in the hands of a single entity, there is a single point of responsibility for quality, cost and schedule adherence.
- Quality of Drawings– The Design/Builder warrants to the Owner that we will produce design documents that are complete, free from error and permitable in your local jurisdiction.
- Cost Savings-The Design/Builder has creative input into the design of the home and is continually confirming the homes’ cost while the design is evolving to eliminate surprises and cost overruns.
- Time Savings-The Design/Builder has conceptualized the building of the home and is intimate with all systems and materials early on, thus eliminating construction delays.
- Early Knowledge of Firm Costs-With the Design/Builder responsible for design & construction, we are simultaneously estimating construction costs while the design work is evolving and are confident that we have designed your home within the budget we’ve discussed.
- Improved Risk Management-Change orders due to “errors and omissions” are eliminated, because the Design/Builder has responsibility for developing drawings and specifications as well as full knowledge of every detail of your custom residence.
Design-Build should be considered a “one-stop shopping” alternative that is ideal from the owner’s standpoint. The Owner gets to deal with a single, responsible entity, has maximum freedom in selecting an architectural concept, is assured of quality commensurate with his/her expectations and proceeds with the comforts of cost and schedule guarantees.